Anthony Santander hit the 100th Eutaw Street home run in Camden Yards history last weekend. I’ve long been a fan of this unique aspect of the ballpark that forever changed baseball. As I mentioned on this week’s episode of The Payoff Pitch, I consider Eutaw Street home runs to be an under-appreciated feature of Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
You can find individual videos of all 100 Eutaw Street home runs on the Orioles website or watch the team’s compilation video below. You can also check out some of the backstories I’ve written about Eutaw Street home runs. Or you can simply keep reading this post for some fun facts about Eutaw Street home runs.
- The Baltimore Orioles have hit 45 of the 100 Eutaw Street home runs at Camden Yards to date.
- Batters hit 11 Eutaw Street home runs in 2013. That’s the most for a single season.
- There have been two seasons without any Eutaw Street home runs: 1993 and 2010.
- Former Oriole Mickey Tettleton hit the first Eutaw Street home run as a member of the Detroit Tigers on April 20, 1992.
- Chris Davis has the most Eutaw Street home runs with 11. He’s followed by Luke Scott with six and Rafael Palmeiro with five.
- Speaking of Rafael Palmeiro, he is the only player to hit two Eutaw Street home runs in the same game. It happened on April 11, 1997.
- Asdrubal Cabrera and Matt Wieters are the only players from different teams to hit Eutaw Street home runs in the same game. Here’s the box score from that June 29, 2012 game between the Cleveland Indians and Baltimore Orioles.
- Chris Davis hit a Eutaw Street home run on April 29, 2015 during the game that was played without any fans in attendance.
- Henry Rodriguez has the longest Eutaw Street home run. Rodriguez hit a 443-foot homer for the Montreal Expos on June 17, 1997. Luke Scott hit the longest Eutaw Street home run by an Orioles player – 442 feet – on Sept. 8, 2008.
- Ben Grieve of the Tampa Bay Rays (Aug. 20, 2002) and the Orioles’ Brady Anderson (April 27, 1996) hit the shortest Eutaw Street home runs at 380 feet.
- Jason Giambi‘s three Eutaw Street home runs are the most by a visiting player.
- Four players have hit Eutaw Street home runs for two different teams: Aubrey Huff (Tampa Bay Rays and Baltimore Orioles), Adam Dunn (Chicago White Sox and Washington Nationals), Lance Berkman (Houston Astros and St. Louis Cardinals), and Lee Stevens (Anaheim Angels and Texas Rangers).
- Four players to appear for the Baltimore Orioles hit a Eutaw Street home run in a different team’s uniform: Aubrey Huff (Tampa Bay), Mickey Tettleton (Detroit), Colby Rasmus (Toronto), and Jim Thome (Cleveland).
- Nine Eutaw Street home runs have been hit by a visiting player during interleague play, most recently by Jason Heyward of the Chicago Cubs on July 14, 2017.